Tuesday, July 17, 2012

DIY Super Hero Costume

What kid doesn't want to be a super hero?  I think we all did.  I still remember owning Super Girl and Spidergirl Underroo sets.  


I made my 3 year old a Super hero t-shirt and cape using a great machine applique alphabet I found on Etsy.  Many, many thanks go to Tracie Brown and her Etsy shop NewfoundApplique for the great Super hero applique alphabet designs (for machine applique).  I simply used a plain white t-shirt, red fabric and a yellow fabric with stars, and sized the 'H' alpha to fit the shirt. 
 


I found the tutorial for the cape on Pinterest from thesoutherninstitute.com.  It's under March 1, 2011 by Jenny Yarbrough.  I used a childs medium shirt for my 3 year old and did not cut the neck or add velcro since the shirt was a childs size.  The yellow fabric is the same and I had a piece of royal blue to make it look sharper.


He was literally running around our house yelling, "I'm a super hero.  Whoo hoo!"  No one in our family can think of a time he has been so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment