Thursday, July 5, 2012

Reviving Wicker Shelves, DIY by Ali

Two years.  I've been looking for a small set of shelves for our master bathroom for two years and finally found one at a garage sale.  The total cost on this project, $8.50.  The wicker shelves were a steal at $1.50. They were dirty and in need of a good cleaning.  Easy peasy.  Wipe the shelves down with a dry cloth to remove any loose dirt and dust.  I used an old toothbrush to get the dust out of the niches of the wicker.  Using warm water with a touch of soap, I washed the shelves down again with a damp cloth and wet toothbrush.
    Dirty                                                Clean
 

I picked a bright teal Krylon spray paint and grey primer.  Grey will make the color pop more than white.









Using a trick posted on Pinterest from Chica and Jo (www.chicaandjo.com) via In This Crazy Life blog (inthiscrazylife-bethany.blogspot.com) I used push pins to elevate the shelves off the paper so my project wouldn't get 'stuck.' I also taped the bottom of the legs with masking tape.
 Primed and waiting to dry....
Ta da! Brand new looking shelves for our master bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment